Tuesday, March 5, 2013

When things don't go your way

I have had a one track mind since (before?) I was born. I get super excited about something, put my all in to it, hope really really hard things will work out, and usually,  they do.

And then, sometimes, they don't.

I applied for a summer internship in Columbia that has to do with HIV/AIDS outreach in rural South Carolina.  Because I am super interested in HIV, I thought this would be a great opportunity! I interviewed last week, and then waited to hear something.  Waited, and waited, and waited. Did I also mention that I've been impatient since before day one?

I got really caught up in this internship, dreamed about it once or twice, (you do know where this is going, right?) and found out today that I didn't get it. 

Interestingly enough, I went to a talk yesterday about international medical missions, and I left with the hope that I wouldn't get this summer internship here so I could serve overseas for the summer.  It's one of those, "this is all starting to work out exactly as God planned it" type of things--I'm sure of it.

I have been dabbling in the idea of going through a program like Hospitals of Hope for a summer internship, and I can't help but think that it's high time to explore that a little bit more.

Here's to hoping! (no pun intended)

1 comment:

Joan said...

Where He wants you is always the best place to be.
You're making me want to dust off my old blog.