Monday, February 25, 2013

Birthday partayyy!

I took a break from med school life today to celebrate my sweet Nana's 82nd birthday.

I made a cake this weekend for her, knowing that we would go to dinner tonight.  We went to Ruby Tuesday's, and mama commented that maybe they wouldn't let us bring in a cake.  I quickly decided that I would guilt whoever I needed to by asking if they were really going to deny a 82 year old woman her birthday cake.  And then I would cry on the spot.  Thankfully, no crying ensued.

The cake in question:

She would probably die if she knew I was putting her picture on the internet for the whole world to see, so no one tell her! :)

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures, it was all I could manage at the time!
And finally, me with the birthday lady:

 Also, my sweet grandparents:
All of us in a picture, all smiling, no one talking, everyone posed perfectly is almost an impossible feat. Sometimes you just gotta take what you can get, right?

I'm so thankful that I have been blessed to have many grandparents still alive and kicking.  They are so full of life and I think of them often when med school has me discouraged. Hopefully we will celebrate many, many more birthdays!

1 comment:

Joan said...

I'm happy to see you and your sweet grandparents here.