Saturday, January 24, 2009

P is for Pucon, Pretty, and Pain

We arrived in Pucon yesterday morning at 8:30 after a long, and horrible time on the bus. However, the buses here are absolutely amazing. They have a leg rest that folds down so you can sleep, but I didn't sleep much.

Yesterday morning we found ourselves a hostal (yeah, we didn't really have a plan in mind when we got off the bus), and went down to the tourism place to make reservations for the volcano climb and a horse back trip up a mountain.

The horse ride was gorgeous. We stopped god knows where at a waterfall, and because we could we decided to stand under it.

We ate hamburgers the size of my face (no lie) for lunch, and then rested the rest of the day.

Our volcano trip this morning was cancelled because there's really bad weather here today. We've just hung around the hostal. In about an hour, I'm going on a hidrospeed trip down the river, and Aften and Casey are going shopping. Im not sure what hidrospeeding is exactly, but once I know, I'll let you know!

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the chance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh, maybe I didn't need to know about this BEFORE you did it!