Friday, January 30, 2009

We're not sure where they're hiding the other kids

Since living with a host family, everyone that has been on this trip has experience a decline in the number of clothes they have. It seems like my clothes will be washed, and one or two things will disappear.

Well, this morning, we played the "Es tuyo?" (Is it yours?) game. My Chilean mom would bring something to me every few minutes and say, "es tuyo?" Some of them were mine, but some of them..I don't even know where they came from.

My Chilean sister is significantly smaller than me, so it's pretty easy to figure out what's mine and what's hers. However, I had tons of clothes being brought to me that belong to someone that I don't even know? Apparently, everyone on this trip has been having the same experience. These people must have other kids that they're not telling us about.

In other news, my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. And by ready, I mean that I am physically able to get on a plane and return to the States..However, I'm not ready (mentally) to back to the pile of work that will begin on Monday morning when I have a 8:30, a 9:30, a 10:30, and an 11:30 class, followed by a 3:30 lab.

Wofford College, sometimes, I hate you and your massive work load.

No comments: